With the advent of a new program year there are exciting plans for Christian growth and relationship building as we grow in faith in small group environments during the Sunday School hour.
- Lower Elementary(grades K-2): Whether you're a regular church go-er, someone who has never been part of a church family, or new to the Moorefield area, we invite you to join our Nursery class at the Moorefield Presbyterian Church. Our children enjoy a relaxed atmosphere where we begin building the foundation for a pathway to Jesus Christ. We learn simple Bible verses, encourage participation and discussion, sing, dance and play as we study the Cokesbury Curriculum of The One Room School House. Children learn that church is a safe, friendly place to learn about the love of God, respect others, and to make personal applications to their daily lives. Fun events are planned which include- art, cooking, science, videos and storytelling. Often our children use these lessons to enhance our weekly worship service and have an understanding that they are a part of our church family. Our door is open to all.
- Upper Elementary, Mountaineers ( grades 3-4): start the year reflecting upon how the environment affects learning, faith development, creativity, acceptance, peaceful inclinations and other characteristics. We study the Cokesbury Curriculm of The One Room School House which we use for all elementary age students. Spring and summer lesson units are - Rejoice!, Paul, Travels with Paul, Worship, in the Holy City and Favorite Bible passages and stories. Our children are exposed to Bible Study, music and crafts. All are welcome.
Children at Worship
- Elementary children are encouraged to worship with their families Sunday mornings.
- Formerly Children's Message: "Time for Young Disciples" during the worship service
- Faith and Fun: - for children age 4 - 1st grade in room 4 after "Time for Young Disciples."
Last Days of School Extravaganza (formerly Vacation Bible School), summer:
- Children, age 4 - rising 6th graders
- Adult & Youth volunteers needed
|but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs."